Stop America’s Violence Everywhere (S.A.V.E.)
“Stop America’s Violence Everywhere” was launched by the AMA Alliance in June 1995. Affiliates across the country recognized the toll that violence was taking in their communities. The AMA Alliance responded with the largest health promotion project undertaken by our membership. Over 700 anti-violence programs covering a broad spectrum of activities have been implemented by county and state affiliates. Many members utilize SAVE resources and distribute our elementary age hands-on children’s activities “Hands Are Not For Hitting” and “You Can Stop Bullies” (placemats, bookmarks & books). To view and order activity books, placemats and bookmarks, go to the AMAA Store.
For more information on SAVE, contact the AMA Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Resources for Violence Prevention
- AMA Advocacy Topic on Violence Prevention
- VetoViolence to help launch or enhance your local prevention efforts today
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Futures Without Violence
- Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) – Violent Crime
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Division for Violence Protection
- F.B.I Crime Statistics 2014
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- U.S Department of Justice: Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS)
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Violence Against Women (OVW)
Resource Centers & Non Profit Professional Organizations